Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 14 August 2012

He's a better driver

I'm learning that I have to let go of some things in order for God to have complete control of my life. Should be a no brainer right? Not for me. I'm always trying to figure things out; asking questions like what if, how, why or when? Jesus is in control. No matter what the future holds I don't have to be afraid and I don't have to figure out how I'm going to get there. I only have to trust that God knows best and that doesn't mean He is going to subtract from my life...it means He's going to add to my life. It means that He has good plans for my life and the only way for those plans to be fulfilled is for me to let go of the steering wheel, get out of the driver's seat and let Him drive. He knows my desires...even before I speak them. He fashioned me and formed me. He knows my thoughts even before they are in my head. He's out for MY good not to harm me. He's not going to drive me down a dead end road and He's not going to steer me off course. He's going to take me where His plans will unfold. I may not understand why He's turning left when I think He ought to turn right. I may not understand why the light is not turning green after it's been on red forever and a day. All I know is that I'm safe in the hands of Jesus. He's got my life under control...as long as I let go and let Him take me where He wants me to go. I don't need to know how I'll get there. I just need to trust the man in the driver's seat. TRUST...that is the key. It doesn't mean subtraction...it's addition and multiplication. He may not take me down the same path everyone else is traveling down (not that their road is any better or worse than my own) but He may take me down the scenic route. I don't want to have control anymore...it's too much of a weight on my shoulder. Several years ago I wrote a song. The chorus was simple and went like this: It's in your hands Lord (3 times) to do what you will (2 times) with it. There truly is freedom in handing over the keys of our life to Jesus. He's a much better driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment