Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Flight 1007 Canceled

I'm on my way home to Maine to spend Thanksgiving with family. This morning I was up at 3am to leave by 3:30 to arrive at the Newark airport for a flight to Boston where I was supposed to catch a connecting flight to Augusta, Maine. Here I am at the Logan airport having been here for a little over an hour or so. Due to stormy weather conditions my flight to Augusta, ME scheduled to leave 3 minutes ago (10:40) was canceled. Now the plan is that I wait for the 1:30 flight...if by 12:30 they think that it will also be canceled then I'll be taking a bus home.

Oh the joys of travel! The flight here was a bumpy one but I ended up sitting next to a lady who had lived in Sao Paolo, Brazil for over eight years. She was ecstatic to hear about my plans to visit at Christmas time and assured me that I would enjoy myself very much. I was also able to promote JET Incorporated. She works for a company that still has a hub office in Belo Horizonte and who are looking for someone to teach some of their staff members English. It was very exciting talking to her about it.

When things like that happen...I can see the hand of God. Things like that can't be just coincidence. In fact, we sat beside each other the whole ride and didn't really start talking till the flight was nearly over. We started talking because I was so nervous throughout the flight and she rejoiced with me when the plane finally landed. It was at that time that I told her that every time I fly I get nervous and that I was especially nervous to fly to Brazil. That's when she lit up and told me that she had lived there for eight years about nine years ago.

It will be so nice to go home and relax and be around people who love me unconditionally :) That's what home is...a safe haven. Thank God for the times that we can go there and be completely ourselves...

I love the people I've met since being in Vineland but I know, after only being there for a couple of months, that it's not the place for me. But I will continue on and keep my commitment there until June. I'm sure that God has plans that I can't even imagine. It's all part of trusting him to lead me and do with me what he wants to and where he wants to.

No comments:

Post a Comment