Powered By Blogger

Monday 22 November 2010

Just felt like writing

It's nearly 1am in the morning but I can't sleep.

Thanksgiving is coming quickly and it's going to be the first Thanksgiving I'll be home in two years. It's going to be different that's for sure. In fact, I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to feel anymore.

However, I am thankful this time of year. I have a lot to be thankful for: Family, food to eat, a roof over my head, clothes on my back, shoes on my feet but especially Christ's love. His love is something that I've taken for granted so many times over the years. And in the last week or so I've really been overwhelmed by his love. His love is unconditional for one thing. He loves us not because of who we are or what we will become but because of who he is. Jesus Christ was fully man but he was most definitely fully God. Because he was God he was love. He cannot help but love us. That is why he died in our place taking the punishment of our sins upon his back.

I am thankful for his love because without his love I cannot imagine where I would be right now. It is only by his righteousness that I am made right with God and it is only by his love that I have peace and fulfillment. His love is more than enough to keep me in the palm of God's hand.

For Christ's love toward me I am most thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment