Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 22 December 2009

Letter to God

Dear Father,

First and foremost, I want to thank you for a new day. You have made this day and I will rejoice and be glad in it.

Now, I am just now looking out my window and I see heavy snow falling to the ground. The clouds in the sky have disappeared behind the layers of snowflakes that are falling from them. The rooftops of buildings all over the city are frosted with glistening white. Thank you, Lord, for this delight.

In your word, Psalm 139:2 it says, "Thou dost know when I sit down and when I rise up; Thou dost understand my thought from afar." You knew that at this time of year I am longing for home; that I have had many memory filled thoughts of winters and Christmases past. One sweet memory is that of snow at Christmas time. It has been snowing now off and on for about four days. I think that we will see a white Christmas. Thank you Father. Thank you for knowing my thoughts and considering them at this time of year.

You are great. The verse after the one above in Psalm 139 says, "Thou dost scrutinize my path and my lying down, And art intimately acquainted with all my ways." Thank you. You are "intimately acquainted with all my ways". Wow. That is amazing. How much I mean to you that you take such notice of my ways. Thank you, a million times, thank you.

I love you Lord. You are my God. You are my everything. Without you I am nothing. Thank you for caring...even about the little things.

In Jesus Name, Amen!

Your daughter,
Heidi

No comments:

Post a Comment